Tuesday, July 20, 2010

matted and packaged


they are ready, finally ready! my mats arrived in the mail today and i quickly got busy framing the 2 prints i currently have (many more are in transit somewhere between kansas and atlanta). i called on my paper conservator brother to make sure i was framing these suckers perfectly - i certainly don't want any slippage right out of the gate. there are currently 5 total in this series, but as i have said before, i will be building up to one flower representing each calendar month. i can hardly contain my excitement that this artwork is completely my own. no piecing together someone elses pattern, or sewing with someone elses fabric. all mine! i will keep you posted when they are available for sale in my etsy shop by announcing it here and on twitter.

it's kind of fitting that today is my 200th post on this little blog. it seems to me that this is what the past 2 years have been building up to - my own artwork. this blog has built me into a better artist and someone who is more forthcoming with thoughts and dreams. and i am forever grateful that i am on this current path - there is nowhere else i would rather be! well, except maybe packing for The Creative Connection Event :)

3 comments:

  1. Flying with you ;-) It's exciting!! http://www.designsbylindar.blogspot.com Fan/Biz: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Me-Myself-and-You/105043419547115

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. i love reading each and every one and am thrilled you decided to visit linwood avenue!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails