Monday, May 7, 2012

a wooden chair and some attention

meet my latest project.

i found this chair at a yard sale and the people pretty much paid me to take it away. seriously, this beauty was less than a value meal at your favorite fast food place. it is an old wooden swivel office chair that also sports castors and a moveable back. it was another love at first site moment for me!

the chair had been painted black at one point in time, but most of that has worn off. i loved the aged finish, so all i did was clean it up a bit and then gave it a coat of danish oil. to spruce her up, i added a strip of gold leaf running down the sides (inspired by this piece) and then came time for my favorite part - adding fabric.

i am obsessed with the final product and can't wait til i can display it at the vintage show i am doing at the end of june. more on that to come...

4 comments:

  1. What a great find! I love your fabric choices! Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that chair is so cool...and unique! Every time I am over here you make me want to go thrifting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I swear Tiffin, leave it to you to see something good in that chair. I would just see a piece of junk. I adore how you transformed it! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. i love reading each and every one and am thrilled you decided to visit linwood avenue!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails