Monday, August 29, 2011

thrifting and treasures


the estate sales this past month have been good to me, very good to me. i typically don't find much in my community at garage or estate sales because the houses are just not that old and people have not spent many years accumulating "junk". however, i might need to rethink that after the stash i found last week.

this one house was amazing! i only wish i would have gotten there right when the doors opened. this woman had enough christmas items to fill up an entire room and i snagged a huge box of vintage ornaments. don't you just love the metallic crackling of color that comes with vintage ball ornaments?


this sweet bird also came in the box of ornaments. her tail was broken off and is actually stuck inside her body, but i don't care at all. i might leave her as is, or try to create a new tail out of some vintage ribbon.


i can never pass up these old jello molds. while i have christmas on the brain, i might turn them into some wreath inspired ornaments. time will tell...


and finally, how cool is this old wheelbarrow??? alright, maybe not everyone thinks it is cool, but i think it is AMAZING! the color, the shape, the huge wheels - amazing. we are working on spiffing up our backyard, and i think this will be perfect as a flower planter. so excited and inspired!

3 comments:

  1. Quite the score! Although I must say, Christmas always comes too fast so I am not in Christmas mode yet. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I read your article in Artful Blogging. I was inspired by your Partial Post "Goals and Dreams" to create my own list of goals and dreams. Thank you. I will add your blog button to my blog.

    Your vintage Christmas decorations are beautiful. I have some of my mother's things that I absolutely cherish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you believe Christmas is less than 4 months away?!!! Nooooooo!!!! And it won't matter that I'm aware of that....I'll still be last minute shopping and looking for addresses for christmas cards on December 13th.

    I so agree about the older neighborhoods having the best junk. There is one area I especially love when they have their community wide sale. I've never been to Fall sales so I don't know if they exist around here but I will be a-watchin' for them!

    Lastly.....I friggin' LOVE the wheelbarrow! A lot!

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. i love reading each and every one and am thrilled you decided to visit linwood avenue!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails