Saturday, October 9, 2010

halloween and witches


my munchkins always get on me that i don't decorate enough for halloween, so this year i am trying to step up my game a bit. this felt girl is otherwise known as witchy poo and she makes an appearance every year. my mom and i made her when i was small - probably early 80s and she has survived throughout the years. i love the retro fabrics we used which probably weren't so retro at the time - orange polka dot on the legs and a country quilt pattern for her dress.

this year, i must remember to stuff her nose before packing her away. it looks as if it has been broken a few too many times!

1 comment:

  1. witchy poo still looks great for an old gal! Early 80's is about right as I think you were maybe 8 or 9 years old when we cut and sewed her as a Halloween decoration. I remember it fondly.

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. i love reading each and every one and am thrilled you decided to visit linwood avenue!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails