Monday, June 7, 2010

friends and business


recently, i have formed a great little safety net of artistic friends around me. there is a painter, a jewelry designer, a photographer, and me, kind of an all-around-crafter (in a good way). a huge road block about working from home is the lack of creative input and interaction, and we all have been feeling it. to fix this dilemma, we decided to start having monthly "business meetings" and let me tell you, the ideas flying around the room are indispensable. today was our second meeting and the topic was our blogs. each one of us is in a different stage of our artistic career path and we all have ideas and input on different topics. i am kind of the tech geek and bring my design skills to layout. another is great at integrating social media such as twitter and facebook into their blogs. and it goes on from there. every person has invaluable input that we never would never have thought of as individuals. it is an atmosphere free of competition and judging and i just love the energy!

do you ever feel challenged and unsure about what products you are putting out into the world? if so, focus on creative friends around you, because i bet they are feeling the same way. try getting together once a month and only talk about your art - no kid chatter, no recipe chatter, only art. you will be amazed how many business building items creep onto your to-do list once you leave!

7 comments:

  1. I am just giddy after being with you. You plug me into new things which as a craver of learning is an awesome thing! I really look forward to our next meeting.....wanna really talk about the book idea?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'll mark it on the calendar. pool and books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. pool it is can't wait!!Tell me when it works for everyone. Could you tell I didn't want to leave your house today. I am so needing the creative love we all share with each other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a wonderful blog you have! I found you from Jenni. Have a great night.
    - Sydney

    ReplyDelete
  5. My sister-in-law calls it "my tribe", the place where I feel I belong.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this idea. I wish I could find some creative minds in the area to get-together with once in a while. I've been craving that for a while now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the idea of being able to have a little creative group like that.

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. i love reading each and every one and am thrilled you decided to visit linwood avenue!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails