Friday, February 18, 2011

bingo and an addiction


i think i might have a serious addiction to B.I.N.G.O. yes, bingo :)

as crazy as it sounds, playing bingo has been on my life list for quite some time. every time i mention it, my husband shakes his head and tells me i will never be able to handle the smoke. you see, he was raised going to a bingo hall with his grandmother where cigarette smoke filled the air and you had a hard time seeing above the women's beehives.

i let me dream pass until our small town airport started having bingo every thursday night. and guess what - it is smoke free! the card above is the closest i came to winning the "Crazy T" (a T in any direction). despite the fact that i didn't win anything, i had so much fun. i know, i know, i have a little old lady inside of me waiting to escape :)

the only question that remains is what do these women fill up their dauber purses with and why is it necessary to have 10 daubers at one time???

4 comments:

  1. Do they wash those things? I've never seen bingo cards like that! I love bingo, too! I played with my grandmother's church when I was a kid and I have a shining memory of glory when I won this awful little blue purse. Bingo's the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the pages are on newsprint. you go in and buy a stack of 6 pages for 6 games. i thought they were so pretty i had to bring them home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love bingo too! I have got to go with you one night....

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love BINGO and have awesome memories of going with my Mom when I was younger. I may have to make a trip out to PTC on a Thursday night to play!

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. i love reading each and every one and am thrilled you decided to visit linwood avenue!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails