Tuesday, January 19, 2010

fostoria and a new use

last friday was the best day! i went junking with 2 of my friends and brought home so many goodies. my favorite has to be this fostoria, americana fairy light candle holder. my mom gave me a set of fostoria plates, the americana pattern, and i love them. the geometric pattern reflects light so beautifully. i am always looking to expand my collection, but they are pretty desirable these days, so most of the time, items are out of my budget.

i came across this cute 2 part ball, with a 2 inch hole in the top. the ball splits in half which is how you get the candle in. the vendor had a note on the $4.50 price tag saying you could use it for candles or kleenex - how perfect. i bought it without hesitation for it's uniqueness and price. then the funny part of the day was when we went to a church run second hand shop and i found another one for $1. of course i had to buy that one as well. i split a box of kleenex between the 2 balls and now one sits on my desk and one on my bathroom counter.

love "off the wall" uses for things!

1 comment:

  1. It's fun to repurpose stuff...and I too love collecting or as you call it JUNKING....thrift stores are the cheap, great way to go! Nice site, my first visit. Check me out for my collections...art work...life....

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. i love reading each and every one and am thrilled you decided to visit linwood avenue!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails