Monday, September 21, 2009

come and gone

that's me at the 32nd? annual shakerag festival. definitely a little soggier than when i started thanks to a downpour that lasted the entire first day. living in atlanta, you can usually count on rain only lasting for a few short hours. just about the time you get into comfortable clothes and settle into a good rainy day movie, the sun is back out again. this was however not the case for saturday. when i say it rained, IT POURED. we donned poncho/tarps and waited out the sun which never came. thankfully some people were still out shopping which made the day not a total wash. the weather sunday morning promised more of the same, but thankfully it cleared up mid morning and the sun finally started shining. which meant i could finally lower the rain flaps on my tent that you can see in the bottom of the photo above. even though sales were so-so, i had a great time hanging out with old friends and new.
jennifer was there from The Funky Shack. she does amazing wire work and is a must see if you have an upcoming wedding.
although not the best photo, my gals jessica (sorry for the cut off shot :) from Peachtree Photography and jodie from Jodie Mo Bags were on hand with gorgeous pillowcase dresses and various handmade bags.
i discovered a new friend in the fabulous Jenni Horne. her artwork and style are stunning and i knew we would be fast friends when she confided in me that she matched her outfit to her booth on festival days. this is a little thing that i have done from the beginning, but have never spoken out loud for fear of being made fun of!
kerri from Two Bee Kisses had the booth across from mine. this was her debut show and she did wonderfully. her custom frames are beautiful and very creative.
and last but not least, my partner in festival crime, JoyaJewelry. i realized when i got home that i never took a photo of joy in her booth. but it really wasn't my fault, her booth is grand central station at this show and i didn't want to disrupt the crowds!

so that is how my weekend was spent. what about yours? did you do anything creative?

3 comments:

  1. I love this post. We all had a wonderful time despite the crazy rain. I am always happy to be your partner in festival crime:) FYI I love the picture of you in your booth:)You match it beautifully;) wink, wink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had a good time. I thought of you when I saw the weather report for the southeast this weekend. Even with the rain, I wish I could have been there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I decided that doing the show this past weekend was not really to make money, but to make new friends. awwwww....I know I can be a little sappy. Thanks for the talk at Starbucks....look forward to many more!

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. i love reading each and every one and am thrilled you decided to visit linwood avenue!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails